Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about Small Group and 1:1 Lessons with step by step video guides to make instrumental lessons easy
Sing Education Small Group and 1:1 Tuition Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the music lesson services provided by Sing Education Limited c/o 10 Towerfield Road, Essex, SS3 9QE. These terms and conditions were last updated in September 2022. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not proceed to purchase our services.
1. Timetabling and charges
1.1 Small group and 1:1 tuition is delivered in 30min lessons on school site during term time, up to 38 weeks per year.
1.2 All tuition is organised to take place during the school day between the hours of 09.00am and 3.30pm.
1.3 All timetables and communications are distributed via My Music Staff portal via email. For more detailed information on lessons and billing, please login to our portal at https://www.singeducation.co.uk/studentportal. You can request login details by emailing [email protected].
1.4 Groups are built around pupil age and skill level. Due to the nature of group tuition, there will always be varying levels of skill in a group session.
1.5 Lessons will be invoiced one month in advance to allow time for lessons to be paid for ahead of the lesson taking place, i.e. lessons in January will be billed on 1st December. If an invoice remains unpaid, lessons will be cancelled until payment is received.
1.6 Sing Education reserves the right to increase lesson fees annually in accordance with the Retail Price Index. Where lesson fees are increased, Sing Education will give at least one month’s notice of such increase. The Parent shall have the right to terminate these terms and conditions with 24 hour notice to Sing Education without liability to pay for any further lessons not yet paid for in the event that the applicable lesson fees increase.
2. Lesson cancellation
2.1 Sing Education send automated lesson reminders 48 hours before each lesson if notifications has been turned on. Sing Education operate a strict 24 hour cancellation notice period. Any lesson missed by the Student shall be paid for unless 24 hours notice is given by the parent via the student portal. If the Teacher is unavailable to give any scheduled lesson, the lesson will be carried forward to another date. If this is not possible, any fee already paid will be used to pay for a future lesson via a credit. In the event of the Student leaving the school before the credit can be used, the Parent will receive a refund.
2.2 Sing Education arrange tuition around scheduled school closures (Holidays and teacher strikes), but are unable to schedule lessons around school trips, assessments and absences from school which vary from Student to Student. Absence for any reason, for example scheduled school trips, illness, Forest School, swimming, sports day, appointments, exams including SATS, assessments etc. coinciding with the Student’s lesson, is the responsibility of the Parent to cancel the lesson through the Sing Education student portal. This notice must be given no later than 24 hours to avoid being charged.
3. Limitation of liability
3.1 Sing Education will not be liable to the Parent or the Student for any mistake or error in judgment or for any act or omission done in good faith and believed to be within the scope of authority conferred or implied by these terms and conditions.
3.2 Sing Education’s liability under these terms and conditions is limited to the total fees paid by the Parent. Sing Education will not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss. Nothing in this clause is deemed to exclude Sing Education’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
3.3 Sing Education will undertake criminal records and Disclosure and Barring Service checks in respect of any individual that is involved in working with the Student; however, Sing Education does not warrant or guarantee the status or any other matter in relation to such individuals.
3.4 Neither party shall be liable to the other party for any breach by the other of any of the terms and conditions herein occasioned by the act of God, war, revolution, riot, civil disturbance, strike, lock-out, flood, fire or other cause not reasonably within the control of such party.
4. Parents must provide an instrument for the child to use during their lessons (with the exception of piano/keyboard). Information on where to buy musical instruments can be found at www.singeducation.co.uk/instruments
5. The Student undertakes not to make photocopies of any music, or to otherwise provide, copy or transfer any of the Sing Education or the Teacher’s music, teachings or materials to any third party.
6. Examination entries, festivals, competitions or otherwise will only be entered if the Student, the Parent and Teacher are in agreement. Any entry fees will be paid for by the Parent.
7. The Parent is responsible for the insurance of the Student’s instrument.
8. In the interests of the Student’s well-being whilst in the Teachers care, the Parent must inform the Teacher of any medical or other condition affecting the Student.
10. It is important to note that whilst the Teacher will use his or her best endeavours to ensure the Student makes satisfactory progress, this cannot be guaranteed. In particular, careful regular practice as advised by the Teacher is a prerequisite of success on any musical instrument or in any musical endeavour. Neither the Teacher, nor Sing Education, guarantee any specific results in respect of the Student.